Connect with us

Economy

Volks: metallurgist approves proposal at ABC. Taubaté decides tomorrow, voting continues in Paraná

Published

on

São Paulo – Volkswagen metalworkers in São Bernardo do Campo, in ABC Paulista, approved this Tuesday afternoon (15) a proposal that includes a voluntary dismissal plan (POS) and job security for those who remain. The agreement, valid for five years, also includes lay-off, readjustment freeze and new salary table, among other items.

“We live in a moment of uncertainty regarding the country’s economic future. In this scenario, an agreement that guarantees stability for five years is very positive, including becoming a reference for the union movement in relation to the possibilities of conquering the working class ”, stated the president of the ABC Metalworkers Union, Wagner Santana, Wagnão . According to him, the agreement will have positive effects on the automotive chain.

The proposal will be voted on tomorrow (16) in the afternoon at the Taubaté plant, in the interior of São Paulo. At the São José dos Pinhais (PR) unit, the virtual voting will continue until tomorrow. Volkswagen workers in São Carlos (SP) hold an assembly next Monday (21).

Wiping

Last month, the automaker’s management sought out the four unions (three affiliated to CUT and one to Força Sindical) and informed that it intended to cut approximately 35% of the workforce – close to 5,200 jobs -, besides adopting flexibility measures. The factories have 15,000 employees. There are 8,600 in São Bernardo, 3,100 in Taubaté and 2,450 in São José dos Pinhais.

The leaders emphasized the employment guarantee clause. “In view of the moment we are experiencing, with several companies firing, being able to build an agreement that gives job stability for five years is a reference,” said, for example, the president of the Taubaté union, Cláudio Batista, Claudião.

He also recalled the “thawing” of investments in the factory, with the implementation of a platform starting in November. “With the platform, the Taubaté unit will be able to produce new vehicle models.”

Competitiveness

“Since Volkswagen came to us, we have made it clear that our goal was to avoid layoffs and that we then look for alternatives to try to maintain the company’s jobs and competitiveness,” said the president of the Greater Curitiba union, Sérgio Butka. For him, the agreement gives tranquility “so that the worker can perform his function well and the company can plan to face the difficult moment that the country is going through”.

The POS, which has not yet a defined period and a formally fixed goal, includes additional salaries (up to 20) for those who join, depending on their length of service. Regarding the readjustment, the full INPC will only be applied from 2023 to 2025. This year, for example, the index will not be applied (within the limit of 5%) and converted into an allowance in the amount of R $ 6 thousand, to be paid together with the second installment of profit sharing (PLR). In 2021, if inflation exceeds 3.5%, the company will pay the difference.

THE lay-off can be used for up to 10 months. The remuneration will correspond to 82.5% of the net salary. The payment of the 13th salary and the PLR ​​will be proportional.

The salary scale will be frozen for 12 months for all hourly workers. Before, who is entitled will receive the equivalent of the next step (level). A new wage table will be implemented for hourly workers admitted from January 2021, with a reduction of 17.05% in the ceiling.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Economy

Argentine President contaminated by covid-19 and fulfills isolation

Published

on

By

São Paulo – The president of Argentina, Alberto Fernández, informed on social media that he tested positive for covid-19, after showing symptoms of the disease. He said he is in isolation and has warned people with whom he has had contact in the past 48 hours. And he also reported that he had 37.3ºC of fever, in addition to feeling a slight headache.

The announcement was made this Saturday (3), the day after Fernández turned 62. “For everyone’s information, I am physically well and, although I wanted to end my birthday without this news, I am also in a good mood,” said the president.

He received the first dose of the vaccine (Sputnik) in January. The second, the following month. “I’m fine, I don’t have any symptoms. Only this fever from yesterday that I reported ”, he declared to the newspaper Clarín. “It is a very complicated virus, and the demonstration is that I got infected, even though I was vaccinated with both doses and with extreme care,” he added.

Former President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who received the second dose of the vaccine today, sent a message of support to “Daqui do Brasil I send good energy, hoping for its prompt recovery. May soon overcome this disease to continue caring for the Argentine people. Hugs, mate! ”He wrote.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 - 2020 - Glco Newspaper | All rights reserved