Connect with us

Economy

Teachers register 1,045 cases of covid-19 in schools in SP. Doria government ceases to disclose data

Published

on

São Paulo – Education in São Paulo reached 1,045 cases of covid-19 among students, teachers and other education workers, in 548 schools. The survey was carried out by the Union of Teachers of Official Education of the State of São Paulo (Apeoesp). The government of João Doria (PSDB), which promised to release weekly data on confirmed and suspected cases of covid-19 in state schools, declined to disclose data for the past nine days, claiming that it is preparing a new Monitoring Panel . With that, it was limited to just informing that five schools were closed last week due to contamination (note below).

Last Tuesday (16), the State Secretary for Education, Rossieli Soares, reported that 741 cases of covid-19 were confirmed in schools, among students and teachers. Of these, 456 cases were in the state network, 14 in the municipal networks and 271, in private. Another 1,133 suspected cases were under analysis. The data were for the period between January 2 and February 13. Rossieli also said that the data would be released every Tuesday, which has not been confirmed this week.

For the president of Apeoesp and state deputy, Professor Bebel (PT), the Doria government hides the data because there is an explosion of cases in schools. “There are already more than a thousand covid-19 infections. This is the result of the Governor’s and Secretary of Education’s contempt for the lives of teachers, staff, students and their families. In fact, contempt for everyone’s life, because maintaining face-to-face activities in schools is to stimulate the circulation of the virus and make the pandemic even stronger. Control measures during the night are, in fact, the purest marketing considering the current situation ”, said Bebel.

Tragedies announced

This week, two tragic records were added to confirmed cases of covid-19 in schools in São Paulo. On Saturday (20), teacher Maria Tereza Miguel Couto de Lourenço, 32, who taught at the full-time state school Minister José de Moura Rezende, in Caçapava, in the Paraíba Valley, died as a result of covid-19. She participated in planning activities in late January and developed symptoms a few days later.

Besides her, on Monday (22), teacher Rafaela de Ávila Cardoso, 8 months pregnant, was admitted to the Semi-Intensive Care Unit of the Hospital and Maternity Santa Joana, in São Paulo, monitoring vital signs of her and her baby. . After 10 days of returning to mandatory face-to-face classes, she and other teachers showed symptoms of covid-19. Rafaela teaches at the Municipal School of Elementary Education (Emef) Luiz Olinto Tortorello, in São Caetano do Sul, in the ABC of São Paulo. She reports that she returned to school on February 5, under pressure, as she did not have her requests to remain in home office accepted, despite pregnancy.

Although it claims that back to school amid the covid-19 pandemic is safe, the Doria government has restricted access to the Education Information and Monitoring System for Covid-19 (Simed), leaving the assessment of the resumption of activities without any transparency. Only a single server from each school can be registered and access the system, both to register suspected or confirmed cases of the disease at the school, and to monitor the situation. “Registration is extremely bureaucratic, it seems designed to give up on reporting contamination occurrences,” said a coordinator who asked not to be identified.

Note on covid-19 in schools

“The São Paulo State Department of Education (Seduc-SP) informs that, at the moment, the team from the Information, Technology and Enrollment Coordination (Citem) of Seduc-SP, the Data Processing Company of the State of São Paulo (Prodesp) and the Medical Education Commission are involved in the elaboration and approval of the process and results indicators that will be part of the Monitoring Panel (Business Intelligence), structured to allow schools to monitor the impact of the pandemic locally, in addition to allowing the education directorates the information contained in Simed / Seduc, providing knowledge to support decisions by the Education Secretariat.

As of next week, with the full operation of the Business Intelligence, the Education Secretariat will start to share Simed information again, in a press conference whose date and time will be informed by this advisory.

Seduc-SP highlights
the competence of the health area in the notification of data related to
epidemiological investigation and discussion of the evolution of transmission of Covid-19.
With a commitment to the transparency of its actions, the Department of Education
informs that in the period from 7 to 13 February, nine schools presented some
complication related to Covid-19 and, according to guidelines of the surveillance
municipal health services, temporarily interrupted face-to-face activities,
but they have already resumed face-to-face activities. There were seven school units that
initially closed and two of them were reopened. In the same week, other
two interrupted activities, closing the balance for the week of schools
closed in seven.

In the week of February 14 to 20, five schools
temporarily suspended activities. However, it is noteworthy that all these
cases, affected students continue to take online classes at the Media Center
of Education in São Paulo.

The temporary interruption of face-to-face school activities is determined by the health authorities, as part of the protocols to be followed, and is being monitored by the respective Education Directorates and by the central staff of the Department of Education. It is emphasized that this is an important measure to isolate cases and ensure the non-transmission of Covid-19 in the school community, so that after investigating the cases and taking the necessary measures, students and education professionals can return safely . Those who define these strategies to combat the spread of Covid-19 are always the local health units. ”

São Paulo State Department of Education (Seduc-SP)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Economy

Argentine President contaminated by covid-19 and fulfills isolation

Published

on

By

São Paulo – The president of Argentina, Alberto Fernández, informed on social media that he tested positive for covid-19, after showing symptoms of the disease. He said he is in isolation and has warned people with whom he has had contact in the past 48 hours. And he also reported that he had 37.3ºC of fever, in addition to feeling a slight headache.

The announcement was made this Saturday (3), the day after Fernández turned 62. “For everyone’s information, I am physically well and, although I wanted to end my birthday without this news, I am also in a good mood,” said the president.

He received the first dose of the vaccine (Sputnik) in January. The second, the following month. “I’m fine, I don’t have any symptoms. Only this fever from yesterday that I reported ”, he declared to the newspaper Clarín. “It is a very complicated virus, and the demonstration is that I got infected, even though I was vaccinated with both doses and with extreme care,” he added.

Former President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who received the second dose of the vaccine today, sent a message of support to “Daqui do Brasil I send good energy, hoping for its prompt recovery. May soon overcome this disease to continue caring for the Argentine people. Hugs, mate! ”He wrote.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 - 2020 - Glco Newspaper | All rights reserved