Connect with us

Economy

public schools in SP reach 329 in six days

Published

on

São Paulo – As of this Sunday (14), 329 cases of covid-19 have been confirmed among teachers and other workers in state education, in 186 public schools in São Paulo. The data are from the daily survey that has been carried out by the Union of Teachers of Official Education of the State of São Paulo (Apeoesp), along with education professionals, since the beginning of the planning of the face-to-face classes, on February 1st. The number of covid-19 cases in schools in São Paulo has already skyrocketed, as on February 8, 209 cases had been detected in 96 units. At least seven employees died as a result of the disease in schools in São Paulo, São José do Rio Preto, Leme, Praia Grande and Guapiara.

Despite the increase, the governor of São Paulo, João Doria (PSDB), does not comment on the data reported by the teachers. Last week, seven schools were closed due to confirmed and suspected covid-19 cases. But the decision on the face-to-face classes remains, and it has also been applied by the municipalities. The capital of São Paulo returned on Monday (15) with education despite the high rates of contaminated and killed by the covid-19.

Doria’s negationism

According to the National Council of Health Secretaries (Conass) new 24,759 cases of the new coronavirus have been confirmed in the last 24 hours. Raising the number of infected people to 9,834,513 in the country. In all, 239,245 people have already lost their lives as a result of the covid-19.

For state deputy and president of Apeoesp, Maria Izabel Noronha, Bebel, “despite the governor’s effort on the vaccine”, Doria also acts as a “denialist” when opening schools in the “worst pandemic period”. “And what’s worse, without having any reform schedule”, he criticizes in an interview with the program Brasil TVT Magazine.

In parallel with the increase in cases, students and teachers denounce the lack of structure in schools, with classrooms without energy, water, or conditions to comply with the protocols for distance between students. The president of Apeoesp also cites complaints that different classes are brought together in a single room due to the lack of teachers. Almost 63,000 education professionals, out of a total of 192,000, are working virtually because they belong to the risk group of those over 60 or comorbidities.

What should be done

“With the structure of state public schools, there is no way to say that‘ you can finally work ”, because you cannot. The correct thing would be to maintain the virtual work and expand the access structure for students who do not have internet ”, says the deputy, for whom the government should have a digital project, but bet on“ pushing with the belly ”.

Bebel also demands that the first phase of immunization be extended to education professionals. For the deputy, it is a “very great irresponsibility” to continue with the resumption of face-to-face classes in the face of the worsening health crisis. “There is a speech by Paulo Freire who says that ‘it is not the discourse that helps the practice, it is the practice that helps the discourse’. So, I think the governor and the education secretary, Rossieli Soares, lack a lot of judgment ”, he laments.


Check out the TVT interview


Copywriting: Clara Assunção
Edition: Paulo Donizetti de Souza

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Economy

Argentine President contaminated by covid-19 and fulfills isolation

Published

on

By

São Paulo – The president of Argentina, Alberto Fernández, informed on social media that he tested positive for covid-19, after showing symptoms of the disease. He said he is in isolation and has warned people with whom he has had contact in the past 48 hours. And he also reported that he had 37.3ºC of fever, in addition to feeling a slight headache.

The announcement was made this Saturday (3), the day after Fernández turned 62. “For everyone’s information, I am physically well and, although I wanted to end my birthday without this news, I am also in a good mood,” said the president.

He received the first dose of the vaccine (Sputnik) in January. The second, the following month. “I’m fine, I don’t have any symptoms. Only this fever from yesterday that I reported ”, he declared to the newspaper Clarín. “It is a very complicated virus, and the demonstration is that I got infected, even though I was vaccinated with both doses and with extreme care,” he added.

Former President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who received the second dose of the vaccine today, sent a message of support to “Daqui do Brasil I send good energy, hoping for its prompt recovery. May soon overcome this disease to continue caring for the Argentine people. Hugs, mate! ”He wrote.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 - 2020 - Glco Newspaper | All rights reserved