Connect with us

Economy

Metallurgists charge tests for covid-19. Mercedes has 525 infected

Published

on

São Paulo – Concerned about the still high level of contagion with the coronavirus, the ABC Metalworkers Union started to demand tests in the base factories. At this time, until the next 27th, testing for covid-19 is being done at Mercedes-Benz. According to the organization, until last Friday (9) there were more than 500 confirmed cases. The number includes units in São Bernardo do Campo, Campinas (SP) and Juiz de Fora (MG), in addition to concessionaires.

“Since when the union launched the policy to charge companies to carry out the test on all workers, in May, the month in which men and women returned to work, we have guided Mercedes on the importance of the tests. Initially there were some negatives on the part of the company, but what it was unable to deny were the confirmed cases ”, says the coordinator of the Union Committee (CSE) at the assembler, Ângelo Máximo de Oliveira Pinho, Max.

According to the metallurgists, 3,355 calls have been made so far, with 2,664 covid-19 tests carried out at Mercedes. 525 cases were confirmed. There are already 483 workers healed. The agreement includes a field clinic in the factory itself.

Other measures were adopted, such as measuring fever, providing personal protective equipment (PPE), and reorganizing the restaurant space and common areas. The company also guarantees the supply of hygiene kit for cleaning work tools and computers and increasing the number of buses, in order to increase the distance between the employees transported.

Before Mercedes, the testing requested by the metallurgists was carried out at Volkswagen, in São Bernardo, in August. According to the union, at that time 570 workers had already been infected. There were 14 thousand tests at the automaker, between direct and outsourced labor.

With information from Metallurgical Tribune

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Economy

Festival brings together films, music and debate to debate human rights

Published

on

By

São Paulo – The Human Rights Culture Festival, DH Fest, will bring together films, debates and musical performances, starting this Sunday (7), for free and virtually. The program, which runs until the 14th, aims to expand the cultural look at themes related to human rights. And it also sounds like a manifestation of the union of society to face the attack on rights, constantly promoted by the Bolsonaro government.

In the musical area, among the confirmed are the singer Chico César and the rapper Tássia Reis. In the debate cycle, Minas Gerais writer Conceição Evaristo, filmmaker Tata Amaral, activist Ailton Krenak and photographer Sebastião Salgado will also be present.

Festival organizers say that the proposal came about when the presence of guidelines related to human rights was noticed in national films awarded in 2020. “The films that had the most visibility, media force, repercussions had themes related to human rights. Then we will put these films together and create the festival of festivals ”, explained Francisco Cesar Filho, curator of the event, to the journalist Marilu Cabañas, from Current Brazil Radio.

The journalist and writer Bianca Santana, who is also present in the event’s grid, says that the covid-19 pandemic made the theme even more necessary. “It is a beautiful program. People are all connected looking for joint actions. Without new alliances, we will not be able to get out of this hole. This partnership between the Vladimir Herzog Institute and Sesc is important for conducting conversations that are inspiring ”, he said.

Festival schedule

The opening of the Festival of Culture in Human Rights, on Sunday, will be with a show by Chico César, at 19h. On Monday (8), the International Women’s Day, there will be a special agenda focused on the theme, with the screening of the film Kunhangue Arandu – The Wisdom of Women“.

On the same day, the debate “Women and resistance: narratives to break silences” will also take place, at 5 pm, with Conceição Evaristo and pedagogue Maria Clara Araújo, and mediation by journalist Semayat Oliveira. The day will end with the singer Tássia Reis.

During the week, the festival will also show 11 feature films, including the winner of the Best Documentary at the Cannes Film Festival, The Mountain Range of Dreams, by Patrício Guzmán. The Chilean filmmaker will also participate in the debate “My north is the south: Latin American portraits in cinema”, on Thursday (11), at 5 pm.

The program also features 26 short films and, in music, the repertoire will also include the collective Baile em Chernobyl, formed by artists who use funk to empower peripheral youth. Indian rapper Kunumi MC closes the event on the 14th.

On the 13th, at 5 pm, the debate “We are the land: the rights of nature and the future of humanity” will be held, which will receive the activist and writer Ailton Krenak and the award-winning photographer Sebastião Salgado, who will reflect on the challenges and the urgency to think of the rights of nature as human rights.

The event is held in partnership with Sesc, the Ação de Rua project – SP, the Ethos Institute and the Vladimir Herzog Institute, together with the Free Journalists, Mundo Pensante and Projetemos. The complete program can be seen on the official website of the event.

Check out the interview

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 - 2020 - Glco Newspaper | All rights reserved