As the world continues to evolve, so do the events that shape it. From politics to natural disasters, breaking news is constantly impacting our lives. Whether you’re a news junkie or just want to stay informed, here are some of the major global events you need to know about.
1. Brexit: After a long and tumultuous process, the United Kingdom officially left the European Union on January 31, 2020. This historic event has had far-reaching consequences, both economic and political, and will continue to shape the future of Europe and the world.
2. US Presidential Election: The 2020 US presidential election is one of the most important elections in recent history. With the incumbent President Donald Trump facing off against Democratic challenger Joe Biden, the outcome of this election will have major implications for the future of the US and the world.
3. Coronavirus Pandemic: The coronavirus pandemic has had a devastating impact on the world. With over two million deaths and over 100 million cases, the pandemic has changed the way we live and work. Governments around the world are struggling to contain the virus and its economic fallout.
4. Climate Change: Climate change is one of the biggest challenges facing the world today. From extreme weather events to rising sea levels, the effects of climate change are being felt around the world. Governments and citizens alike are working to reduce emissions and mitigate the effects of global warming.
5. Protests and Social Movements: From the Black Lives Matter protests to the #MeToo movement, protests and social movements have been gaining momentum around the world. These movements have highlighted issues of inequality and injustice and have pushed for change in governments and societies.
These are just some of the major global events you need to know about. As the world continues to evolve, it’s important to stay informed and engaged in the issues that affect us all.