Connect with us

Economy

Bahia’s TRT marks an audience with Ford and metallurgists. Union talks about ‘imposition’

Published

on

São Paulo – The Regional Labor Court of the 5th Region (TRT5), in Bahia, rescheduled tomorrow for next Thursday (18), starting at 10 am, a new conciliation hearing between Ford and the Metalworkers Union of Camaçari . On that date, coincidentally, 40 days have passed since the automaker announced the closure of its activities in Brazil. This involves Ford plants in Camaçari, Horizonte (CE) and Taubaté (SP).

Last Friday (12), the acting president of TRT, Judge Jéferson Muricy, promoted a meeting between the parties, without success. Company representatives stated that they are open to negotiation and that they have presented proposals for compensation, while the union talks about harassment practices against workers, to force part of the employees in Camaçari to return to service. (Check the link the meeting.)

The metalworkers recalled that Ford’s “partner” companies have already laid off. “We have five companies directly linked to this process, directly linked to Ford, who have already laid off all employees. It already exceeds 1,400 employees, without any type of repair. It is your responsibility, ”said union president Júlio Bonfim.

De facto trading

He also expressed his surprise that the company was filing a collective strike agreement during the course of the negotiations. And he recalled that the proposal already presented represents only a portion (around 5%) of the amount that Ford claims to have for payment of compensation. “Wanting to negotiate by imposition is very easy. What we are dealing with here is not just an indemnity issue. It is a repair, ”he said.

Last week, Judge Edilton Meireles de Oliveira Santos, from Bahia’s TRT, granted an injunction to the company against a lower court decision. But the Labor Prosecutor’s Office (MPT) reported that some provisions remain in place. Thus, as long as collective bargaining continues, Ford cannot effect collective waivers, suspend payment of wages or engage in harassment. Check out the MPT note.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Economy

Union denounces the death of 20 teachers by covid-19 after back to school in SP

Published

on

By

São Paulo – The Union of Teachers of Official Education of the State of São Paulo (Apeoesp) held a demonstration today (4) denouncing the death of at least 20 teachers by covid-19 since the beginning of the return to school in the state of São Paulo Paulo. The entity also accounts for 1,861 confirmed cases of covid-19 in 850 schools. The protest took place in front of the State Department of Education of the government of João Doria (PSDB), after a motorcade through the streets of the capital of São Paulo. In addition to honoring these teachers, the act also called for an immediate suspension of classes until the new coronavirus pandemic is controlled in the state.

The demonstration began in the Masp free space, on Avenida Paulista. From there, the teachers went to the State Department of Education, at Praça da República. “It is unacceptable what the Doria government has been doing with teachers. Without closing schools, keeping thousands of teachers and staff and millions of students circulating every day, many in public transport, Doria and her Education Secretary reveal themselves as they are: enemies of life ”, said the president of Apeoesp and state deputy, Professor Bebel.

The Doria government has not released records of confirmed and suspected covid-19 cases in schools for two weeks. Much less if there was a death by covid-19 of teachers, students or other education workers. In the only balance sheet released on February 16, there were 741 confirmed cases and 1,133 suspected cases.

Folly

Although it claims that back to school amid the covid-19 pandemic is safe, the Doria government has restricted access to the Education Information and Monitoring System for Covid-19. With that, the governor leaves the assessment of the resumption of activities without any transparency. Only one server from each school can be registered and access the system, both to notify suspected or confirmed cases of the disease at school, and to monitor the general situation of the pandemic in the public school system.

The Secretary of State for Health of São Paulo, Jean Gorinchteyn, defended, on Tuesday (2), the closure of schools across the state due to the worsening of the pandemic of covid-19. He admitted that the increase in the circulation of people promoted by the return to school has contributed to the worsening of the transmission of the new coronavirus in recent weeks, as teachers and health experts have always said it would happen. Today, São Paulo has 17,802, with 9,910 in the ward and 7,892 in the ICU, the largest number in the entire pandemic.

“If we understand that people are threatened
against the virus, against the collapse (of the health system), we have to reevaluate
situations that could be avoided. One of them is the situation of the school. THE
The problem is not the school, but the movement of people. Teachers, students, parents
who take and bring their children. Even in public transport, the exposure that the
we end up putting people. At this point, it is worth noting that this
question of not having classes, ”said Gorinchteyn, in an interview with CBN radio.

Restrictions

In addition to the case records and the denunciation of the death of these teachers by covid-19, Apeoesp also highlights data from the Hospital do Servidor Público Estadual (HSPE) that shows the exhaustion of intensive care units (ICU) after returning to school. According to the internal bulletin of the HSPE, on Monday (1), the ICU occupancy for patients with covid-19 in the hospital is 95%. In wards, the occupation is 73%.

Yesterday, Doria announced that the entire state will enter the red quarantine phase for two weeks, starting on Saturday (6), due to the worsening of the covid-19 pandemic in São Paulo. However, he decided to keep the schools open. “Despite the restriction measures, state schools will continue to open their doors at the worst moment of the pandemic”, criticized Bebel, who guaranteed the continuation of the teachers’ strike, which started on February 8.

Teachers killed by covid-19 in São Paulo, according to a survey by Apeoesp:

Maria Inês Silva Frozel
Eda Balle Pulpato
Antonio Cesar Pereira
Cinthia Aparecida
Rodrigo Andrade
Regina Aparecida dos Santos Tomaz
Maria Soeiro
Maria Tereza Miguel Couto
Marcelo Shiroma
Antonio Cesar Pereira
Antônio Cesar Zenetti
Adriano Moraes
Ana Clara Macedo dos Santos
Paulo Henrique Camargo
Deolinda Scotti
Amauri Nicoletti
Guilherme Augusto de Oliveira Rebello
Luciani Andrade Serrão
Eliana Ferreira Boni
Luiz Roberto Oliveira

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 - 2020 - Glco Newspaper | All rights reserved