Connect with us

Economy

After 854 cases of covid-19 in schools, Covas determines suspension of classes

Published

on

São Paulo – The mayor of the São Paulo capital, Bruno Covas
(PSDB), determined the suspension of classes in the public and private networks of the capital
São Paulo, after the municipality recorded 854 outbreaks of covid-19 in schools. THE
This measure is valid from March 17, but the mayor asked families who can,
that they do not take their children as of Monday (15). The period will be
considered as school recess and the forecast is that classes start to be
resumed on April 5. However, the schools’ administrative sector
will work, delivering lunch cards and teaching materials
to families that did not receive them at home.

“This measure is necessary so that we can contain the advancement of coronavirus in the city. The suspension of face-to-face classes is valid for the private network, for the state public network and for the municipal public network here in the city of São Paulo ”, said Covas, in a press conference held today (12). The classes returned on February 15, with a stoppage by teachers, who considered the measure a risk to the health of the population.

According to the Municipal Secretary of Health, Edson
Appeared, 173 outbreaks of covid-19 were recorded in the first week alone
of class. In the second week, there were 181 outbreaks. And in the third week, last with
bulletin, 500 covid-19 outbreaks were recorded in schools. These cases
occurred within the limit of 35% of students per school. And corroborate the notes
teachers, that there was no security for going back to school.

Emergency suspension of classes

However, Aparecido did not detail the data, did not
it being possible to know how many people were actually infected. Are
outbreaks are considered the records of two or more simultaneous covid-19 cases
at Schools. It was also not informed how many cases were of teachers,
how many cases of management workers and how many cases among students.
It was also not informed whether there was a record of deaths.

The measure also responds to the decree of the emergency phase of the quarantine – previously called the purple phase – in the state of São Paulo, by Governor João Doria (PSDB). A curfew will be established from 8 pm to 5 am the next day, with access to beaches and parks and any type of agglomeration prohibited. All administrative activities of companies and public bodies must be carried out in telework. Sports activities, including professional championships, and collective religious activities will be prohibited. Schools will have early recess. The measure will be valid until March 30, due to the collapse in the health system of São Paulo.

In the capital of São Paulo, the occupancy rate of units
intensive care (ICU) reached 83% yesterday. In the wards, the occupation is
76%. City hall data show that hospitalizations for covid-19 have been
longer than in the first wave last year. Phase 4 of the survey
serological report, released today, shows that 25% of the municipality’s population has
contaminated by covid-19, the highest prevalences being in the regions
south, east and north of the city.

The Covas government announced the opening of 555 beds
for the care of patients with covid-19, of which 130 are ICU beds, to be opened
next week, 185 infirmary beds, which will be opened the following week,
and 240 beds in day hospitals. All elective surgeries will be suspended.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Economy

Argentine President contaminated by covid-19 and fulfills isolation

Published

on

By

São Paulo – The president of Argentina, Alberto Fernández, informed on social media that he tested positive for covid-19, after showing symptoms of the disease. He said he is in isolation and has warned people with whom he has had contact in the past 48 hours. And he also reported that he had 37.3ºC of fever, in addition to feeling a slight headache.

The announcement was made this Saturday (3), the day after Fernández turned 62. “For everyone’s information, I am physically well and, although I wanted to end my birthday without this news, I am also in a good mood,” said the president.

He received the first dose of the vaccine (Sputnik) in January. The second, the following month. “I’m fine, I don’t have any symptoms. Only this fever from yesterday that I reported ”, he declared to the newspaper Clarín. “It is a very complicated virus, and the demonstration is that I got infected, even though I was vaccinated with both doses and with extreme care,” he added.

Former President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who received the second dose of the vaccine today, sent a message of support to “Daqui do Brasil I send good energy, hoping for its prompt recovery. May soon overcome this disease to continue caring for the Argentine people. Hugs, mate! ”He wrote.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 - 2020 - Glco Newspaper | All rights reserved